Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A New Adventure

If you've been following my blog, you probably know that there are so many little things in my life that make me happy:

1.  my honey!
2.  my kids ! !
3.  MMMwMM (Monday Morning Mocha with My Mama)
4.  Twisted Sister Tuesday Tea
5.  Scrappin
6.  teaching

These are not in any particular order except that I'm a wife and mother above all else.

Anyway, I've been teaching students with special needs for the past 19 years.  I've worked with kids who are Specific Learning Disabled, Emotionally Disabled, Cognitively Challenged, Autistic, Severe ADHD and a few students who were Hearing Impaired and even a few who were English Language Learners.  What I've learned over the years is that I really love teaching and I really love language arts.  I would not trade the past 19 years of teaching and working with students who have special needs, but it is time for me to stretch and challenge myself.  Therefore, for the upcoming school year, I am embarking on a New Adventure, I will be teaching 7th grade general education language arts.

I'm a bit nervous but TOTALLY excited!  So - while I pack away 19 years of special education, I am unpacking who knows how many years of language arts.

Stay tuned for more of the journey ...

No comments: