Sunday, April 15, 2012

Amethyst #8 and April Authentique

Thanks to the incomparable Kristy Lee of ScrapbookSteals.com for this week's/month's sketch.  Kinda cool when you can do one layout for two different challenges!



This is for Amethyst #8 and for Authentique's April challenge, I used "Genuine" and really hated the idea of cutting all of those hexagons, BUT, once I got going - I found myself thinking - what else can I use hexagons on???  The photo needed a bit of color to help it pop off the page which is why I chose the red matte.  Some of my scrappy friends will recognize the twine and ribbons from Easter.  We were all talking about using the left-over egg dye for ribbons and twine.  The twine I used was just a natural jute twine and took to the dye very well.  The lace ribbon is from StampinUp! and I cannot wait to use the other colors I created! 







Have a scrappy/stampin kinda day!

No comments: