Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mini-Album Camping {SWAT #36 Mood Board}


Good morning - SWAT's Mood Board challenge is up and running.  If you are like me, the words "Mood Board" threw me a bit - in that I really didn't know what a mood board was, but I soon discovered that it is an inspirational starting point.

This is what we were asked to use as a mood board titled "Home of the Brave":

We go tent camping each year for a portion of our family vacation.  Idyllwild, CA has some of the best camping spots and wonderful campground hosts.  This is what I created:


I incorporated the colors and sunset from the board as well as the outdoors theme.  I loved the word "BRAVE" that was in the board, and I really considered how this fits in with our family and vacations.  We've had to brave the elements (heat, rain, mosquitos), brave the trails (1.5 miles, then 3.3 miles and finally 6.5 miles - going from 6,000 feet in elevation to 7,000 - that was a strenuous challenge), and brave new places to go as a family.  We had not been to Solvang, CA and that was a cute little town - with an amazing crafting/make and take shop!

Don't forget to link up with us at SWAT and have a scrappy happy day!

No comments: