Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy 80th!

Yesterday was the official birthday, but today is the celebration!!!  My honey collected several artifacts from 1932 and wanted to create a cool collage - here's what we came up with:



The album is of Louis Armstrong's band and contains the single "All of Me" which was a hit in 1932.


So - how did I come up with this design?  Well - I had to grab all things antique and manly - I used For the Record by Echo Park, Tim Holtz's film strip ribbon, stickers and movie tickets from idea-ology, baby carriage stamp by Stampendous and letters from Authentique.  Kinda an eclectic collection of materials - but that really suits the occasion!

I started out with a similar background and really contemplated using the Authentique paper but it didn't really "work out" in my head.  I clipped out several stickers and tried to place them all around where Louis is on the cover.



I think that this really turned out great and the creative juices were not finished flowing yet!  Also part of 1932 is the movie The Grand Hotel so I created a bookmark/movie pass for it.  Also winning an award that same year is Pearl S. Buck's The Good Earth which won the Pulitzer Prize - another book mark!

 Finally, I decorated a beach bucket (seems to be a bit out of place ... ) and it coordinates with the card we found for the birthday boy (celebrate your birthday - wear a bucket on your head - its way more cuter in real life than my description!)


The only thing left to do is shower, gather up all of our supplies for the party (gifts, 10' banner that the kids created and painted and fruit salad) and head on over to the party!

1 comment:

Misty's said...

Hi Deborah
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Very much appreciated! Loving your latest creation. That's one pretty cool collage with a very beautiful design and super elements.
Michaela xx