Saturday, June 29, 2013

Stellar Start S.W.A.T Blog Hop



Welcome to the first S.W.A.T. blog hop!  

Today S.W.A.T is welcoming our new team members and to celebrate we are having a Red, White and Blue Blog Hop and Challenge. What a great way to introduce you to the new team members.  (That’s me inlcuded!!)

Here in the USA its almost the 4th of July so everywhere you look you will find Red, White and Blue, so that’s the challenge we have for you! 

For my project I created a layout.  I went through my stash and pulled the ever adorable October Afternoon paper.  While looking at the paper, I kept thinking about my son and his first day of kindergarten.  He was so excited to be starting a new adventure.  He had wanted to start school when he was two years old and I can still hear him saying, "I go school Mommy.  I ride big bus."  He wanted to go to school with me and ride the bus that would travel through our neighborhood.  Too CUTE!  Well - he finally did get to go to school and his first day of kindergarten was a Stellar Start for him.  He was firmly convinced that every day should be a school day so he could learn and play and learn some more.  That was nine years ago.  This fall, my "little" boy - who towers over me and has a deep voice - will be attending high school (eek!).

Capturing special moments through scrapbooking is part of why I do this crafty "stuff".  I also absolutely love creating something given just a tiny bit of inspiration such as a photo or a sketch or a conversation that I've had with my gal pals.  Here's the layout and I hope that you've enjoyed a little walk down memory lane with me, this morning.  This has been a Stellar Start for me as well!









Remember just use Red, White and Blue - anything goes maybe even a layout about fireworks that go way {HIGH} up in the sky and you have until July 28th 11:59PM EST to link up your project over at S.W.A.T.  As an extra incentive for my blog, I am also giving away a little bit of scrap happiness just be sure to be a follower and comment by Monday, July 1st at 11:59PM EST.

The Rules are:

1.    You MUST be a follower of each S.W.A.T Girl’s blog and leave a comment on each blog and; 

2.    You MUST also be a follower of the S.W.A.T blog.

3.    You must email your quote answer to: swatscrappygirl@gmail by Monday, July 1st at 11:59PM EST

Now hop on over to Doris blog to see what she has in store for you!

Here is the lineup in case you get lost!





Deborah - http://scrappinthelittlethings.blogspot.com/    <<<<<----you are here!












19 comments:

Jackie said...

Super layout...lovely memories!!

by belle said...

Fantastic layers!! So happy to be on the team with you!!

Buffy Burnside said...

Oh I love this layout!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Super cool layout! Love that paper collection. Glad to be on the team with you!

Unknown said...

Awesome page! Love your sweet photos! Excited to be on the SWAT team with you!

Patricia said...

Great layering and design! I'm a new follower! thanks for the chance!

Jean said...

I am a new follower. Super cute layout!

Chelsea said...

Great papers to have pulled from your stash! It is such a lovely layout.

Joefil said...

Super cool layout!love it!

Tracy said...

Such a creative way to use these papers!

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a fabulous LO and a great way to remember a special moment!

Unknown said...

I am a new follower and love what I see! Your page is super cute!!

LauraEva said...

That is a great layout!

Unknown said...

Great layout! Love the layers of fun!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Super cute layout love the "space" theme too cute. Awesome papers.

thanks for sharing.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Katherine Clayton said...

Great LO . . . love all the layers and elements you used! Congrats on making the DT . . . can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. :)

Scrapenabler said...

Great layout!

Lisa P said...

Love this layout. Super cute. The twine, the stitching and the paper are awesome.

Nicole said...

AH! I'm in love with that title! Such a cute layout. So happy to be on the sWAT team with you :)