Saturday, November 16, 2013

50 Foot Drop {S.W.A.T.}


Happy Saturday!  This morning I'm helping out my son's marching band as a ticket taker.  Gotta love early mornings!!  The band is ranked #2 in the State of Arizona as we head into the State Marching Band Championships.  Wishing them the best performance ever!

Over at S.W.A.T., we are featuring a sketch from Page Maps and encourage you to use it as a stepping stone for your layout.  AND - how about adding some feathers to the layout?  I have never used feathers on a layout before and really fell in love with this challenge.  I did spray some glittering mist on the feathers and I think they really look sparkly!

Here's the sketch:
Here's my layout:


I used inspiration from a couple of my crafty gal pals.  Kristy at Kiwi Lane Designs does a feature called "Write from the Heart".  I get intimidated with journal writing and I began to journal on the back with a personal note to my daughter.  Kristy, you would be proud - I put the journal entry on the front for all to see.

I was also inspired by Doris and Nicolle at Creative Embellishments - they are the masters at layers and those chippies!!

Materials used:  Authentique's Thankful collection, Creative Embellishments chippies, twine and feathers, Glimmer Mists

1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous layout! Love your take on the sketch. Congrats to your son't marching band.