Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankful Layout for {Practical Scrappers}


I absolutely love November for so many reasons, one of which is the colors - I am truly a brown, rust, beige, toss in a bit of burn orange and blue kind of a girl.  This month's layout sketch from Practical Scrappers was the perfect set up for a time to reflect on what I am thankful for.  Last year, I started documenting daily the things, people, events that I am thankful for.  This year, I am continuing the practice.

One of the many things that I am thankful for is, of course, my family.  They bring so much joy and wonderment to my life that I could not imagine life without them.  This summer - we went to the Redwood Forest to tent camp and hike.  I am absolutely thankful that I have time with them to explore the outdoors and share memories.

A couple of my scrappy gal pals at Creative Embellishments have a November challenge up on their blog and all you need to do is to use this photo as inspiration.
I love the photo and of course the colors - so I combined the color challenge with my sketch challenge using this sketch from Practical Scrappers:
to achieve this look:
 close up of the banner ....
close up of the gears...
Materials used:  Authentique and Creative Embellishments




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout! Love the banner, colors, and photos! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments Nov Inspiration Challenge!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Fanastic layout! Love how our challenge pic inspired you. So cool you used one of our chippies. Thanks so much for playing along at Creative Embellishments.